The United States is said to be moving ahead with its preparations for the scheduled US-North Korean summit on June 12.
As per media reports, the US State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said in a press conference that they continue to plan for the meeting.
Nauert further said that she has not received any official statement by North Korea regarding any change in the summit.
This comes after recent reports regarding North Korea’s decision to consider backing out from the summit due to the recent military drills between the US and North Korea.
Earlier on Wednesday, North Korea called off its scheduled meeting with South Korea due to the same reason.
The North’s Korean Central News Agency reported that such military drills are said to be meant for an invasion of North Korea and could negatively impact the melting inter-Korean relations
The United States and North Korea are scheduled to hold their maiden summit in Singapore mainly to discuss denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula and the recently-signed inter-Korean peace declaration.(Minimal edits applied, story generated from syndicated ANI feed)