You are here:  Home  >  India  >  Current Article

One Student Dies, Over 200 Hospitalised in Alleged Medicine Poisoning Case in Mumbai

 Saturday, August 11, 2018  |  No Comments

    Print       Email


One Student Dies, Over 200 Hospitalised in Alleged Medicine Poisoning Case in Mumbai

A 12-year-old girl, studying in BMC School number 4 at Baiganwadi died and over 200 students were admitted to the hospital on Friday after allegedly consuming folic acid and iron tablet, distributed in the school.

Chandani Mohd Raza Shaikh complained of vomiting after consuming the medicine, following which she was rushed to the Rajawadi Hospital in Mumbai where she was declared brought dead.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Shahji Umap told media that the deceased’s father said that the illness started after consumption of folic acid and iron tablet, provided by the school.

211 students of the school have been admitted to Rajawadi Hospital while 36 children are undergoing treatment at Shatabdi Hospital. The DCP said that food poisoning is the suspected reason for the illness of so many students.

Meanwhile, parents of the affected students demanded an investigation into the matter and alleged that they were not allowed to meet the school authorities.

“We don’t know what tablets had been distributed to the children, but most of the student fell ill after consumption of the tablets distributed at the school. We want this case to be investigated,” one of the parents said.

The school authorities, however, have not made any statement on the matter yet.

(Minimal edits applied, story generated from syndicated ANI feed)
    Print       Email

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You might also like...

ABVP goes frantic post-polls, Arson Violence Erupts at Allahabad University

Read More →